Tuesday, April 27, 2010

DWTS 10: Benise, Melissa Ethridge and Another Results Show

Tonight on Dancing With the Stars 10, another star was sent packing.  I thought all the couples did a pretty good job last night, and they all worked hard.  The scores were such that pretty much no one except Nicole and Erin were safe, I thought.


I like Erin/Maks, but Maks is getting snippy with Len ... again ... and I hope it doesn't hurt his partner.  Yeah, he goes through this almost every season, but he's started early and it's already getting nasty.  Today I read that he said that Len was too old to be on the show.  Way to win friends and influence judges there, Maks. 

Right off the bat, though, Erin/Maks were told that they were safe, so what do I know?   Chad/Cheryl did their Argentine Tango in the encore performance and I enjoyed it just as much as last night.

Tonight I also got a treat.  I got to see my Tony dance with a worthy dance partner.  He danced with Chelsie while Maks danced with Anna T. during Melissa Ethridge's first song, 'Fearless Love'.  They looked beautiful.  Alec Mazo danced with Edyta for her second song, 'Come to my Window'.  I love watching our pros dance together.

The other musical guest, Benise, played a guitar salsa number, but brought his own dancers.  *Imagine a frowny face here*.  The man was freaking awesome on that guitar, but I'd have preferred to see our pros do that salsa.  I bet it would have looked better.

In the midst of the musical numbers, they brought back Dance Science.  Edyta and Dmitry were studied to see if they were indeed athletes.  Their findings?  Dmitry can jump as high as Kobe Bryant, Edyta can spin faster than Lance Armstrong's pedals on his bike, and together they are more precise than a hummingbird's wings.  Impressed? 

And, oh yeah, this was the results show and we needed to find out who was being sent packing.  Niecy/Louis and Jake/Chelsie were in the bottom two.  And the couple eliminated was Jake/Chelsie.  I kind of hated to see him go because he was coming out of his shell and it did look like he was getting better and enjoying himself.  But then, that could be said about any of the stars left, so ...

Next week, in addition to their dance they also have the cha-cha challenge.  That should be interesting.  Hard to imagine that there are only 5 weeks left.  And every week counts.  Last week Jake was in the top three of the leaderboard and this week he's gone.  Who will come through next week on Dancing With the Stars 10 and will anyone falter?  Guess we'll just have to tune in to find out ...

No comments: