Saturday, August 8, 2009

BB11: What the Hell Is Wrong With These People?

Hey y'all. I'm really ticked off right now. I've had it up to my hairline with these houseguests ... all of them. Maybe I was raised differently, but to me it is not okay to use racial stereotypes and bigotry. These folks have taken the art of dissing to a new low. I've heard enough use of the f*g word, calling people and things homo and things like that. Even America's favorites, Jordan and Jeff, have gotten into the act.

The latest is demonizing Russell by calling him a terrorist because of his middle eastern heritage. BS, I say. Chima is the latest recipient of my Douchebag of the week award. For all her calling out of Braden for his bigotry, she needs to look in the mirror and call herself out. I've had about enough of Ms. Thang.

Her remarks that she's going to go around calling Russell a terrorist and that it was okay because Americans hate Middle Easterners was awful. Her calling him a terrorist and making snide remarks about his friend that flies planes is veering close to slander. Oh, and hey, she's commented that she couldn't be sued for slander because of the contracts they've all signed.

Amber caught hell for her Jewish comments, Adam lost his job over his comments, but where's the outrage over Chima's? These comments are just as bad as those others were. They're malicious and ugly.

I know CBS is too worried about the dollar to do this, but I'd love for them to air a montage of the bigoted comments made in that house just this season. They've made it a point to sanitize their broadcasts, even the fights, to keep out these types of comments. Wonder if they're afraid to lose advertising dollars. There would certainly be outrage. But why do they continue to portray these people in such rosy red colors? Why let them get away with it?

Remember when the UK Big Brother evicted someone for their racist comments? All it would take is one time here and the problem would be nipped in the bud. If they don't evict them, give them penalty noms. They are adults, they should have learned by now that there are consequences for their words and actions. If not, I think Big Brother has a responsibility to us to refuse to reward these bigots.

No comments: