Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DWTS 10: Pairings Announced

Good Morning,
The pairings have been announced for this season of Dancing with the Stars. Last night I wrote about the so-called stars, so I'll spare you from repetition ... mostly. Some of the pairings I like, and some, not so much.

Chad Ochocinco is paired with two-time champion Cheryl Burke, who returns for her ninth season. This could actually be a good pairing. Chad has a great work ethic, and if his show off dances on the football field are any indication, he's got good feet.

Jake Pavelka joins Chelsie Hightower, in her third season. I've never watched him, so I don't know how he'll do on the dance floor. I love Chelsie, though, so I hope he's not too, too bad.

Nicole Scherzinger teams with Season 7 champ Derek Hough, who returns for his sixth season. Figures that he'd get her. What is he holding over the producers' heads that he always seems to get the above average dancers, if not ringers? This actually aggravates me because, I'm not a big Derek fan. But it will probably be good for her, as he's a good choreographer. This might be the ringer couple.

Aiden Turner will partner with Edyta Sliwinska, the only pro to compete in all ten seasons of "Dancing with the Stars." Again, I just know this guy has a pretty face, so I've got nothing.

Shannen Doherty will dance with two-time "Dancing with the Stars" champ Mark Ballas, who returns for his sixth season. Ooh, who'd he piss off? Unless she's seriously reformed, this could be a very good ego battle. Might be fun to watch for a while.

Kate Gosselin teams up with Tony Dovolani, who returns for his ninth season. Poor Tony. 'Nuff said.

Evan Lysacek will dance with Anna Trebunskaya, who returns for her fifth season. About time that she gets a partner that has some moves. When I've seen her dance with her husband, Jonathan Roberts, she's been beautiful and he's a beautiful skater, so I have high hopes here.

Niecy Nash joins Louis Van Amstel, who returns for his sixth season on "Dancing With the Stars." Hmm, this could be interesting. Kelly Osborne lightened Louis up quite a bit last season, so they should have some fun.

Buzz Aldrin will be partnered with dancer Ashley Costa (formerly DelGrosso), who returns for her fourth season. Aww, I love Ashley. I just wish she'd have gotten a different partner.

Pamela Anderson joins professional dancer Damian Whitewood, who makes his "Dancing with the Stars" debut this season. This guy was with Maks in 'Burn the Floor' so he's an awesome dancer, but we have no idea of his choreography or teaching style.

Erin Andrews teams up with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who returns for his eighth season. This might be another team to watch. Like I said, she's had some dance experience since she was on her college dance team. She's worked in a man's field, so I would think she'd be pretty strong willed so Maks won't be able to walk on her. I think this might just work. I hope so, cuz I love me some Maks.

Well, there are the pairings. Unfortunately, we have to wait until March 22 to see them in action. I'm getting excited, though, are you?

1 comment:

Jujuju2 said...

You sure make it seem exciting, Ladytex. You got me all revved up.