Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dancing With the Stars 8: Week 3 Results Show

Hey y'all! It's that time again. Time to say goodbye to one more couple on Dancing With the Stars 8. Next week, though, there will be a double elimination according to Tom. After an extra long recap of last night's show, Karina tells us that if they are there next week, we'll see a new move ... and she pokes The Woz in the tummy and he giggles ala The Pillsbury Doughboy.

The first four couples are told that they are safe and there are no surprises until the fourth couple. Melissa/Tony, Gilles/Cheryl and Shawn/Mark are let off the hook. Who was the fourth couple? The Woz and Karina. The judges looked shocked, Tom was shocked, Woz/Karina were shocked. After my wanderings around the web, I'm wondering if this was a judges backlash. There was plenty anger and indignation about how the judges talked to him last night. People felt that they were undeservedly and unnecessarily rude and mean. I counted quite a few people on a couple of boards that gave all of their votes to Woz and Karina because of that.

In the TMI moment of the night, in the stupid Samantha interview, Woz told us that he was more shocked than anytime in his life except when he was served divorce papers ... um ... okay.

Also safe this week are LT/Edyta, David/Kym, Chuck/Julianne and Lil Kim/Derek.

In addition to a double elimination, the celebs and their pros will be doing one of two new dances, the Lindy Hop and the Argentine Tango. To demonstrate the basics of these two dances were ... Cloris and Corky. It was a cute segment, I guess, but not as funny as I think they were aiming for. Ooh, I hope Gilles gets the Tango ... but I bet he won't.

The two musical numbers came next. Maks, Tony, Dmitry and Karina danced to Hall & Oates singing Maneater. This was an awesome dance. How come I never realized how sexy Tony is? The dance had the three guys showing off for Karina and at the end she picks Maks, of course. Then Alec and Edyta sang to Adele singing Chasing Pavements. I've never heard her sing, but I love her voice. I really like that style of music and the song she sang. I also loved that dance. It was so beautiful, I miss Alec.

The last four couples standing were Steve-O/Lacey, Holly/Dmitry, Ty/Chelsie and Denise/Maks. Steve-O/Lacey were put out of their misery first and Ty/Chelsie were also told that they were safe. That means that this weeks Dance-Off will be between Maks/Denise and Holly/Dmitry. They both repeated their pitiful Sambas.

First up were Holly/Dmitry. She worked on her bottom half and I guess she improved a little. She still looked stiff and awkward to me. The judges all seemed to think she did better and gave her three 6's for 18. Last night she got a 17. Denise/Maks were next. It looked to me like she walked the steps instead of danced the steps, but the judges disagreed. They all enthused over the improvement in her performance. Len even went so far as to tell Denise that she proved that she deserved to stay. They gave her two 7's and a 6 (from Carrie Ann) for 20. Last night they got a 16.

Both these teams can leave, as far as I'm concerned, but after four minutes of commercials, Denise/Maks were given their walking papers. Wow, I really didn't expect that after the judges scoring. I guess this couple really had no fan support. Maks must have ticked off his loyal following with all the kvetching he's been doing. It's mean of me, but I gave a quick laugh because Karina outlasted her man after he made the comment he made that Karina deserved better than she got. Right after I thought that, the camera panned to a visibly upset Karina. I almost felt bad.

Anyway, what do you think? Did y'all pick the right couple to leave? Who do y'all want to do what dances next week. I know I will drool to see Gilles/Cheryl do the Argentine Tango. That is one sexy dance when it's done right. I definitely do NOT want to see Steve-O or Woz do it. Okay, I probably just jinxed it and they will both have it. I think Tony/Melissa could do a hot one, too. They'll probably have everyone's favorite couple (insert eye roll here) Chuck/Julianne do one to show us their chemistry. Your thoughts? Comment below, and I'll catch y'all next week.

No comments: