Thursday, June 19, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance 6/19 Thoughts

Oh my, oh my. There are some truly talented dancers on this season of So You Think You Can Dance. Last week Joshua and Katee made me cry with their dance routine and this week was "Twitchington's" turn. Their Viennese Waltz was just so beautiful. Twitch surprises me. His lines and the way he held his arms seem to suggest that he spent this past year taking a class or two. His personality also helps. It wouldn't surprise me to see him go far.

I like watching Joshua, too. He brings a smile to my face. Last week, his dance touched my soul. I didn't know he had it in him. I was prepared to dislike his partner because of the judges manipulation of her in the Vegas round, but I don't. She's a beautiful dancer, and she's just beginning to show a little personality. They did a great job this week, too.

I really liked Mark and Chelsie this week, too. They are so cute. Will is a beautiful dancer, but I don't really care for his partner, Jessica. He's basically carried her the past two weeks. I thought she should have been the one to go home last week instead of Rayven.

Was I surprised by the two that went home? No, not really. I haven't liked Susie from her original audition. She was supposedly a salsa dancer, but she just looked cheap to me. I'm not really surprised that Marquis went home. Male contemporary dancers are a dime a dozen on the show this season. He's a good dancer, but that's not going to be enough this year. He seems, to me, to be an immature dancer. I think the judges should have told him to get more seasoning before bringing him on the show. He'd have done so much better next year, I think.

Anyway, as long as Twitch and Joshua were safe, I was happy. I can't wait to see how they'll do next week.

No comments: