Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tex's Take on the Big Brother 10 Women

It's been three days since the Big Brother 10 cast reveal. I've read the bios posted on the CBS website and the interviews that Diane Henry from Big Brother 5 did. I have no idea how any of these people will do in the house, but I've already picked favorites and not so favorites. Of course, that will probably change about four or five times before it's all over. If you haven't listened to the interviews, I highly recommend them. You can find them here. This is Tex's First Take on the Big Brother 10 Women.

Angie - She seems alright, even though she's a Gator fan (just kidding). She's recently divorced, but is not looking for a showmance. I like how she said that she'd kill her antagonists with kindness, I'll have to see that in action. She really seems down to earth. She doesn't strike me as one of those females obsessed with hair and fashion, and I like that.

April - I'm not sure about her. Her self-professed OCD could get on everyone's nerves really quickly. She even admitted that she hadn't been able to have a roommate because of it. If she couldn't live with one other person, how does she think she'll handle living with 12 others? She has an identical twin sister, Angela, who is pregnant and she has a massive crush on Howie. How ironic is that seeing that he went busto on another April.

Keesha - She's a Hooter's girl and has no plans for anything else except Hooter's management. She got caught with her friend's ex, even though she knew the friend was still in love with the ex. With friends like this ... need I say more? She also has a live in boyfriend, but is very open to a showmance if it will help her to get ahead in the game. She's one of those who 'just wants everyone to like me', said in my fake high voice.

Libra - I definitely like her. She had me cracking up in her CBS2 interview. Her concerns about her hair rang so familiar. She's smart and has a strong personality. She said in another interview that she wants everyone to know that she does not have ABWS (angry black woman syndrome). I high five her for that. Lately it seems that the only Black women cast in reality shows have this and if she doesn't, great.

Michelle - She had one of the best lines of the interviews. She said, "On the first day, everybody will love each other; second day, we'll like each other; third day, there's gonna be some hating of each other." She broke up with her fiance of four years at her cousin's wedding. She's an outspoken Portuguese lady and I can see her going off on one of the chauvinistic males in that house, especially since she said that she's had some humdinger political battles.

Renny - She says that she's a New Orleans socialite, but I don't see that. Her accent is a curious combination of cajun and Boston. She says that she has a wig and outfit for every occasion and calls herself a Glamourpuss. Yes, I'm rolling my eyes. She's married, but doesn't rule out a showmance. Says you don't have to be in love to be married, not talking about herself, of course. I can see her annoying some of the strong women in the house.

There you have it. My first impressions of the women of the Big Brother 10 house. It's always interesting to see how my feelings about the houseguests change over the course of a season. What do you think of the BB10 women? Comment below.

No comments: