Wednesday, July 1, 2009

BB11: Random Thoughts Before the Start

Hey y'all! There's lots of information out there on the house, the houseguests and the game. I'm not ready yet to do my first thoughts article, but I didn't want to let any more time go by without posting some of what I'm thinking. This is where my head is:
House
Earlier in the week, CBS posted photos of the house. I'm not too impressed with it overall. I think my favorite rooms are the HoH room and the red-orange bedroom. The kitchen and dining areas aren't too bad, but there's not really too much difference in these from previous seasons. I see a washer and dryer, so the washboard theory is blown. And it seems as if they have all the running water they need. That's really a shame. I think they dropped the ball on their eco-friendly theme by not having touch control or sensored water faucets. In fact, the only things I really saw eco-friendly was the recycled materials on the walls and the recycle bins.
One room actually has bubble wrap on the walls. Great. So the houseguests will to to that area and pop bubbles while they discuss strategy so that the microphones don't catch what they say. The room that they have decorated like a pool is a cute little room ... for kids and not for sleeping. In the spa room there are a couple of bikes with light bulbs. Will that be for a competition similar to season 1? Will they have to take turns pedaling for power in the house, perhaps for the hot water heater? That'd be cool. And what's up with the locked room? Is that the room that will look like a slum for their Haves/Have nots theme? The red-orange room looks like it could be a Haves room. It has a very classy look to it. But that doesn't fit with the pool room, so I don't know.
Houseguests
I'm not sure yet how I feel about them. There are the requisite models and wannabes, but there are also some that look interesting. One rumor out there that is everywhere is that they will be broken down into the four groups: jocks, populars, nerds and outcasts. I can see this cast fitting into those cliques. There is only one guest over 40, three in their early 30's and the rest are 20 somethings. The Bi-sexual tattooed Nanny, Lydia, fascinates me, as do the Gamer, Ronnie, and the Neuroscientist, Michele. CBS released the photos and bios of 12 houseguests today, but said that the mystery 13th would be released next week. That doesn't make me happy. What's up with that? It seems to be feuling the Sheila return rumor. I just don't see the purpose of it. Why bring her back? She finished third, she wasn't all that interesting OR popular, and she doesn't seem to have the fan support to justify her return. But then I don't want any of them back, so ...
No Housecalls
Well, CBS, or rather Gretchen, announced the end of Housecalls, but there are plenty of contenders for that spot. CBS seems to have crowned Ross the Intern as the official host for the post-Housecalls-era show. I don't particularly care for him, don't really find him funny, so I probably won't be a regular watcher of his Friday only web show. Real SuperPass has their Thursday and Friday lunchtime show with Missy and Chelsia (BB9), which I'll catch the archives of. And at one point Evel Dick (BB8) was promoting his own show with Janelle (BB6 & AS). It'll be interesting to hear how each show does.

Well, I'll be back later in the week with more of my thoughts on the houseguests, after I catch the pre-show interviews that are bound to pop up. And check out the Film.com/bigbrother page for more stuff about Big Brother 11.

No comments: