Saturday, July 4, 2009

Tex's Take on the Big Brother 11 Women

Hey y'all, welcome back! It's about that time again. I'm ready to give my first thoughts on the Big Brother 11 Women. They seem to be a diverse group of women and very interesting. I've already posted my one word descriptions, as well as those of HamsterDame, Chelsia and MissyZ and after reading and watching more about the houseguests, a couple of my impressions have changed a little.


Diane Henry's interviews were very enlightening, in particular, and I'm sad that her interviews with Laura, Casey, Jeff or Kevin haven't been posted yet. Now I know a lot of people don't like Diane, but I do. I felt sorry for her in season 5, cuz she got played, but I didn't dislike her at all. Now some of her fans ... that's a different story. Some of those so called Divas were scary. Anyway, her posted interviews were at least 10 minutes long for each houseguest, so I was able to get quite a bit of information. I also watched InsideDish interviews and I was disappointed. Maybe at some point, he'll release the rest, but what was on his show was more about Ross than about the houseguests.


While we have what seems to be the requisite bar recruits, I was pleased to see that many of the houseguests are actually fans of the show and actually applied, whether it was online, at open casting calls or by answering ads on craigslist. Yes, Lydia and Michele were Craigslist applicants. I was very pleasantly surprised by the number of hamsters that classify themselves as big fans or even as Big Brother nerds. With very few actor wannabes, I am getting excited for the game to start. There should be some interesting strategizing, especially as many of them say that their plan is to strategize on the fly and to be very flexible. Many of them claim that they're going to pretty much hide their talents, for example Michele says that she won't tell anyone about being a neuroscientist and Natalie says that she's not going to tell about being a tae kwon do champion. Wonder how that will work for them since Big Brother 11 has that classification twist going.


Let's talk about the females:


Jordan Lloyd - 'Ditzy'. I'll stick with that. I saw two interviews where first thing she did was tell that she got a boob job three weeks ago. Say what? I think she got the America's Sweetheart role this year and she might pull it off. She was recruited and never saw an episode until about a month ago (hmm, get recruited, watch some tape, get a boob job ... see a connection here?). She's gonna use that small town country girl persona to the max, and I'm not sure I buy it. She interviews very well and comes across as such the innocent little sweetheart. She claims that she's a bad liar and that she's worried about getting on people's nerves because she talks a lot, especially when she gets excited. I'm gonna keep my eye on this one.


Natalie Martinez - 'Manipulative'. That was harsh, I'm thinking now. I really liked her after her interview with Diane. She's another huge fan and went to an open audition in her town. She's tiny, but tough. A champion tae-kwon-do competitor, she seems to have her head on straight. She's also a poker player, which means she's good at reading people. It'll be interesting to see her game play. Will she be manipulative, or merely a good game player? Jury's still out on this one.


Michele Noonan - 'Brainy'. I stand by that one. She has a Ph.D. in neuroscience for pete's sake! Neuroscientists study the brain and as she's a research scientist, the houseguests will be her lab rats. She's a big fan and answered a Craigslist ad for a woman with an interesting occupation. She thinks she will hide her Ph.D. and says that she won't be wearing the 'dork costume'. Michele says that she's a pretty tough Jersey girl, and that not much gets to her. She uses yoga to diffuse her anger. I think I'll have to root for her because my daughter is a Jr. Biochemistry major and is another non-stereotypical science nerd.


Chima Simone - 'Chameleon'. I'm not sure about her. She has this bigger than life personality that will either endear her to the others or quickly get on their nerves. She even knows it. She says that she will have to dial back on her energy at first. She's an 'in your face' type person that will go off on people if they piss her off. Sigh ... I'm hoping that she can control that and not have very many ABW (angry black woman) moments. She's all about Girl Power and really wants a female alliance to work, but says that she has to be cognizant of those women that will throw her under the bus. She was a high school teacher for two years after graduating, so she should have a good handle on the nonsense in the house. She's another of my favorites.


Lydia Tavera - 'Interesting'. I'll stick with that. She looks tough, but seems like she's a softie inside. She does say though that she will flirt with the guys and the girls to get herself farther in the game. But she also says that her goal is to get everyone's trust. She's a huge Harry Potter fan and has a HP tattoo, and she has the Prince symbol tattoo'd on her finger (I knew I liked this girl). In fact, she says that all of her tattoos mean something to her. Her mom told her to leave her bitchiness at home, wonder if she did, lol. She hopes that people won't judge her on her tattoos and gets to know her, but it won't bother her too much if they do. In fact the only thing that will bother her is spiders.


Laura Crosby - 'Tramp'. Huh, that will work. She says that she's worried that her cleavage will be a disadvantage, but then she goes on to say that she wants there to be some pushover men types in the house so that she can use her body to manipulate them. She may just be the biggest beyotch in the game. She says that she is not afraid to hurt feelings, lie or manipulate to win. She claims to be a Big Brother nerd, has studied the game and strategies, and that she's spent a lot of time on the message boards during past seasons. I'm fully prepared to dislike this trick.


So there you have my first impressions of the Women of Big Brother 11. I know I'll probably change my mind a number of times, and my favorites never win. What do y'all think? Vote and comment below.



No comments: