Monday, July 13, 2009

BB11: To Veto or Not To Veto

Hey y'all. It's been a crazy weekend in the Big Brother 11 house. These houseguests have hit the ground running. They're making me tired trying to keep up with the alliances and loyalties. I've about given up. For the most part today was pretty tame compared to the past couple of days. The only thing that really happened was the veto meeting. Would Russell keep the nominations the same, or would things be shaken up.

For some reason, Saturday night Jordan tried to convince Lydia that she needed to convince Russell to leave things the same. Hello? Lydia is on the block, why would she try to convince Russell to keep her up there if there was an opportunity to come down? No, Lydia was not loyal to your little group, Jordan, but she's not stupid. I had to just shake my head over that one. Jordan is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm still trying to figure out if she's really as stupid as she's acting, or if it's just that ... an act. Sometimes I really think that she's got the dumb lil hick role down to a 't' Sunday she claimed not to know what an egg white was. I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. Yes, I seem to be in the minority. I don't think she's the bee's knees, just a cute lil old thing. I know quite a few of those sweet lil southern misses that are conniving as heck.

I really wanted to like Ronnie coming in to this. You know, us computer geeks need to stick together. But I tell you, he just gets creepier and creepier. Not only is he playing both sides against the middle, he seems to be in everyone's business and pops up everywhere they want to talk game. He wants to be liked so much, but he's overplaying his hand.

At this point, the only houseguests that I still like are Michele and Kevin. They seem to be the most normal. Of course, it's early. So far, though, Michele is playing a pretty good game. She gets along with everyone, but doesn't seem to be jumping into the drama. And she seems to be handling her 'have not' status very well, without the whining. Her secret about her Ph.D. is out, though. I think Casey busted her on it. I'm not sure yet if he was joking about it or not. Kevin, too, is kind of playing under the radar. He hangs out with pretty much everyone, but stays out of the drama. He's not in anyone's crosshairs.

Russell is not my favorite houseguest, but he can stay around awhile. He's not stupid, is able to carry on relatively interesting conversations, and he looks quite yummy. I may turn the sound off, but I love to watch him work out. I think he'll be more tolerable once Jesse is gone. The two meatheads together seem to decrease the IQ's of anyone around them. Wonder if Michele could work out a scientific theory for that phenomenom.

Speaking of meatheads, Lydia seems to have convinced them that Braden was a big threat. Maybe she knows more than I do, but I don't see it. The only thing I've seen him do, other than sun and swim, is drop names. He's supposedly partied with a who's who of LA celebrities and has negative stories to tell about them all. Did any of you watch 'I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Outta Here'? Yeah, yeah I know. Well they had this little segment on the celebs and their name dropping. Well, in just the few days of the feeds, I think Braden has them all beat.

But yeah, Braden is now the next biggest threat to the meatheads next to Jeff, and they can't nominate him for eviction. So what did they do? At the Veto meeting on Sunday, Russell took Lydia off the block, and Jesse replaced her with Braden. They tried to convince Chima that she was just a pawn, but she knows what can happen to a pawn. Both sides seem convinced of the votes, but they shouldn't be. I really have no clue as to the outcome. I can only presume that the brains and the athletes, minus Jeff, will vote to keep Chima and that will give her 4 votes to stay. They are assuming that Lydia and Laura will also vote with them. Braden will have Jordan and Jeff, for sure, and probably Casey. Kevin is a big wildcard.

But hey, this is only Monday, or late Sunday night. They have until Wednesday to shake things up some more. What do y'all think of the new nominations and who do you think will be the first houseguest eliminated from Big Brother 11?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I really wanted to like Ronnie coming in to this. You know, us computer geeks need to stick together. But I tell you, he just gets creepier and creepier."

I've known Ronnie for 15 years, I'm just glad America is seeing what I have known my entire life. I have seen this guy do some outrageous things, and if he stays on the show much longer it's going to get worse.